Postuler et demander rendez-vous
Ajouter à ma sélection
EPTATF Trainee - Projects Directorate - Safeguards & Quality Management Department - Environment, Climate & Social Office
Offre proposée par Banque européenne d'investissement
Banque européenne d'investissement
99999 - LUXEMBOURG
Adresse du lieu de travail :
Type de contrat:
Horaire de travail:
Please see Your Total Reward Package
Description du poste et missions
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its
Projects Directorate - Safeguards & Quality Management Department - Environment, Climate & Social Office
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
(under EPTATF Traineeship Programme)
Duration: 6 months (with possible extension for a total of up to 12 months)
(fixed start date: 1st September 2019)
The Programme, set up with the support of the EIB’s Eastern Partnership Technical Assistance Trust Fund (EPTATF), is only open to young nationals of the Eastern Partnership Countries that have entered into a Framework Agreement with the EIB (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine).
Objective of the traineeship
You would support the climate action work stream in PJ-SQM-ECSO. You will support the team in implementing a comprehensive Climate Action advisory programme for local commercial banks and other financial intermediaries (the Climate Action Support Facility) with a geographical focus on the Eastern Neighbouring countries (incl. Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine). The assignment will provide to you some practical work experience and exposure to Climate Action across different sectors, as well as the opportunity to apply your knowledge in supporting the commercial banking sector in developing and implementing scalable and replicable investments supporting low carbon and climate resilient development in the region. You will get an insight into how the EIB works and how the Bank contributes through its financing to a low carbon and climate resilient development, in line with the Paris Agreement and the commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Your main tasks will be:
- Supporting technical oversight and management of the Climate Action Support Facility;
- Contributing to the development of a web-based training programme on Climate Action for financial institutions;
- Taking stock of and prepare best practice examples and case studies of climate action resilience and adaptation investments that can be replicated and financed through local commercial banks and other financial intermediaries. This work will support the development of the climate action pipeline for EIB multi-beneficiary intermediated loans;
- Contributing to the development of other selected deliverables under the CASF (e.g online based eligibility check tools)
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- University qualification in a relevant field such as Economics or another relevant discipline, with a preferred focus on climate change and environmental aspects;
- Academic focus or some experience working on climate change issues would be an advantage;
- Some experience with on-line based training and/or knowledge dissemination would be an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and good command of the other languages spoken in the region would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Please note that deadline for application is the 24th February 2019.
The EPTATF Internship Programme is open to students who are nationals of the EPTATF partner countries only (Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine). The goal of the Programme is to offer successful candidates an opportunity to improve their skills as well as the experience of working in an international multicultural environment.
More information on our Internship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; http://www.eib.org/about/jobs/student-jobs/index.htm
Postuler et demander rendez-vous