Banking / Finance Lawyer qualified in Swedish law
Offre proposée par Banque européenne d'investissement
Banque européenne d'investissement
99999 - LUXEMBOURG
Type de contrat:
Description du poste et missions
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Legal Directorate (JU) – Legal Department, Operations (OPS) – Baltic Sea Division (MB), at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Banking / Finance Lawyer qualified in Swedish law
This is a full time position at grade 5/6
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for the end of June/ beginning of July.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Baltic Sea Division (MB) of the Legal Department of the EIB is composed today of 8 lawyers. It provides legal advice to the EIB in relation to all types of its lending operations (including secured and non-secured transaction, as well as structured finance, project finance and restructurings) in the following countries: Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and EFTA states (Norway, Iceland and Switzerland).
As a Banking/ Finance lawyer, internally referred to as "(Senior) Officer Legal Services", you will report directly to the Head of MB Division. You will cooperate with the other lawyers of the MB team in providing legal advice.
You will provide legal advice on lending operations in particular in relation to the EIB projects in Sweden and EFTA states. Your post may involve limited amount of travel for negotiations and signatures of legal documentation. You will:
- Draft and independently negotiate legal documentation in English (including loan agreements, guarantees and other related finance documents) for lending operations (such as bilateral loans with banking sector counterparts, corporates and public sector entities);
- Provide legal advice to the EIB, with assistance from external legal counsels chosen for that purpose by the EIB, in relation to structured finance (such as asset-backed securitisations), project finance and PPP transactions;
- Offer legal advice on all matters related to the EIB’s lending operations, both prior and after financial close (including structuring of transactions, participation in negotiations and loan workouts and restructurings);
- Liaise with external counsels and supervise their work, whenever necessary;
- Undertake research and conduct legal studies on matters of law arising in connection with the Bank's operations and in the context of developing new products; and
- Build and maintain relationships within the Bank and represent EIB externally.
- University degree in law;
- Professional legal qualification in Swedish law;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience earned from a law firm in advising on lending transactions;
- Experience in structured finance, project finance or PPP transactions would be considered a distinct advantage;
- Significant experience in drafting and negotiating finance documents in English; and
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Swedish; a good command of French would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
Profil du candidat
- Expérience souhaitée : 5 à 10 ans
- Diplôme requis : Bac + 5 et plus