Talents Handicap "Offres du mois"
Linux System Specialist
The Linux System Specialist will provide enterprise-wide Linux System infrastructure support for complex system and interconnected technologies that require day-to-day support and administration in order to maintain optimum performance and utilization.
* Perform various Linux Systems Administration tasks on large and heterogeneous environment with highly critical asset during business hours and off-hours (weekend change).
* Troubleshoot Linux operating system, storage, network related incident during business hours and off-hours (oncall rotation).
* Install, configure, and maintain standard and non-standard Linux physical and virtual servers.
* Ensure compliance of Linux asset with existing security guideline (Hardening, Auditing, Patching, Network segregation).
* Ensure compliance with defined data protection, disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
* Monitoring of Linux infrastructure asset and provide proactive remediation.
* Review and validate infrastructure design, provide expert technical advice on one or several technologies used in the environment.
* Implement, test and validate new standards or technologies. Write, maintain and handover related operational process documentation.
Skills & EXPERIENCE
* 3+ years of experience providing Linux systems administration support for large scale complex environments.
* Operating system: RedHat Linux (6, 7 and 8)
* Virtualisation & cloud technologies : VMWare.
* Network technology and service: Ethernet, TCP/IP, SSH, NFS, Samba, LDAP.
* Scripting experience (Shell, Perl and/or Python).
* Familiar with concept of disaster recovery plan, business continuity plan, secured environment (hardening principle / auditing tools / network segregation).
* Familiar with ITIL processes.
* Good verbal and written communication skills in English. French is an asset.
* Ability to follow existing processes, improve them and / or write new ones when needed.
* Knowledges on Solaris, AIX NIM server, and RedHatSatellite are an asset.