(Senior) Credit Analysts (m/f)
Postuler et demander rendez-vous
Ajouter à ma sélection
Banque européenne d'investissement
99999 - LUXEMBOURG
Type de contrat:
Description du poste et missions
(Senior) Credit Analysts (m/f)
These are full time positions
The term of these contracts will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Under the supervision of the Head of Division/Head of Unit, the (Senior) Credit Analyst (internally referred to as (Senior) Financial Monitoring Officer) will carry out a regular financial monitoring of a portfolio of signed EIB lending operations, mainly through Financial Reviews of counterparts (borrowers or guarantors) and Contract Reviews (verification of contractual clauses and covenants), in order to contribute to an understanding of EIB exposure to risks and to identify breaches or contractualevents.
S/he will propose event resolutions for standard and complex post signature events, thereby ensuring the stability and solidity of the Bank's portfolio of outstanding loans.
Specific post Environment
TMR monitors counterparts and financial contracts and acts on contractual events under its responsibility, as well as on distressed transactions in order to protect the EIB’s financial interest and reputation. The Directorate is responsible for the financial monitoring, event resolution, divestment and restructuring of (i) EU/non-EU debt counterparts, (ii) equity funds, equity-type and subordinated instruments after disbursement/investment or signature, as applicable (iii) distressed transactions restructuring and recovery. TMR is also responsible for developing and updating Bank-wide Financial Monitoring guidelines.
TMR/CM/INFRA&BI is responsible for the financial coverage of the corporates acting in Infrastructure and Basic industries (e.g. energy and mining) in the EU and outside the EU as borrowers, guarantors or underlying risk counterparts.
TMR/CM/MANU&SERV is responsible for the financial coverage of the corporates acting in Manufacturing and Services industries (e.g. chemicals, healthcare, automotive) in the EU and outside the EU as borrowers, guarantors or underlying risk counterparts.
Each successful candidate will cooperate closely with other Directorates, Departments and Divisions across the Bank notably with the other Division covering corporate risk and the Restructuring & Resolutions Division, to which the Divisions transfer distressed cases. S/he will also have external contact with counterparts, other transaction stakeholders, co-lenders, agents, shareholders, borrowers, sponsors and sector experts. The Divisions are organised in two Units of analysts, andeach successful candidate will be allocated to one of the Units. S/he will report to the respective Head of Unit.
- Independently carry out, according to an agreed programme, reviews of corporate counterparts, assess their credit standing, and propose internal counterpart ratings
- Monitor the contracts of these counterparts, review the guarantees in place and check the counterparts' compliance with the protective clauses included in the loan documentation
- Handle client contact, including organising and participating in financial monitoring visits
- Propose solutions/remedies to contractual breaches and participate in their implementation, working with colleagues in other EIB Directorates and with external co-financiers as appropriate
- Independently perform ad hoc reviews, if necessary, in response to external market events
- Collaborate and coordinate activities with the Risk Management Directorate, the Operations Directorate (being the Front Office of EIB), the Legal Directorate and other Directorates/Divisions, in particular the other Divisions of Counterparty Management Department of TMR and the Restructuring & Resolutions Division
- Contribute to the Division's regular reports, in particular Watch List reports
- Check and, when necessary, update in a timely and accurate manner the data related to the assigned portfolio in the Bank's IT systems
- Closely follow on-going developments in the relevant industry sector(s), and specific EIB counterparts in such sectors.
- In cooperation with the Head of Division and Head of Unit, coach and provide guidance to less experienced staff in the execution of financial monitoring processes
- Provide expert advice and recommendations on complex financial monitoring issues in order to align EIB with best practices. Contribute to the diffusion of these best practices in the own team
- Contribute to the implementation of financial monitoring policies and initiatives in own domain and proactively formulate proposals to improve systems, procedures and methods
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role in banking, finance or with a rating agency i.e. credit/financial analysis and ideally the assessment of contractual compliance
- Solid experience in financial analysis, credit risk assessment principles, counterpart rating criteria and the key contractual clauses used in loan documentation. Knowledge of the analysis of sub-investment grade/unlisted companies would be an asset
- Ability to address waivers and amendments of contractual clauses, often under tight deadlines
- Understanding of the EIB's mission, policies, procedures, organization and activities
- Knowledge of standard computer tools
- Fluency in English and/or French and a good command of the other.Solid knowledge of other EU languages would be a strong asset
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Workscooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules
Profil du candidat
Postuler et demander rendez-vous
- Expérience souhaitée : 5 à 10 ans
- Diplôme requis : Bac + 5 et plus