(Associate) Investment Officer
Offre proposée par Banque européenne d'investissement
Banque européenne d'investissement
99999 - LUXEMBOURG
Type de contrat:
Description du poste et missions
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Directorate for Lending Operations in Europe (Ops) - Equity, New Products Special Transactions Department (ENPST) - Growth Capital and Innovation Finance (ENPST/3-GC&IF), Growth Capital Unit (ENPST/3-GC&IF/GC), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
(Associate) Investment Officer
This is a full time temporary position at grade 4/5
The position is linked to the InnovFin mandate
The term of this contract will be until 31.12.2020
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid June 2018.
As (Associate) Investment Officer you will be responsible for a series of tasks (defined below) to support the origination and execution of senior and junior debt transactions. Moreover, among your responsibilities will be tasks related to quasi-equity and equity operations with innovative mid-cap companies in Europe. Key focus sectors would be (i) Automotive & Engineering, (ii) Biotech & Healthcare, (iii) ICT and (iv) Energy.
You will be reporting to the Head of Unit. You will cooperate closely with more senior Investment Officers in the Division, as well as in other teams of the Bank involved in such transactions (e.g. with Legal Services, Risk Management, and the technical Projects Directorate).
Project origination process:
- Conduct market research and transaction/company screening in specific focus industries
- Prepare client presentation materials
- Facilitate contact networks in the related industrial and financial community
- Support and facilitate sector studies, both with and without the help of external consultants
- Prepare market awareness raising events and press events as applicable
Investment / Lending process:
- Perform and support transaction due diligence, in close consultation with the relevant Investment Officer and counterparts in EIB Risk Management, the Projects Directorate, Legal Services, Compliance and Treasury, as appropriate
- Contribute to the development of suitable financing structures, in a manner that meets the Bank's requirements under the EIB Risk and Policy Guidelines and the applicable policy objectives
- Undertake financial and risk analysis (incl. financial modelling)
- Prepare risk pricing proposals for the respective counterparts
- Draft financial reports and lending proposals in cooperation with the Project Team
- Facilitate the approval process
- Facilitate the selection and management of external due diligence consultants
- Prepare approval documents for the relevant approval authorities
Contribute to the negotiation process of transactions with the borrower, external legal advisors and key internal counterparts
Disbursement and monitoring process:
- Follow-up the development of transactions
- Regularly provide updates on the credit/equity files
- Monitor the fulfilment of conditions in coordination with internal services
- In the event of contractual modifications, support structural modifications and contract negotiations in liaison with key external and internal stakeholders in order to maintain the quality of the loan portfolio
- University degree, ideally at Masters level, in Finance/Business or any related subject. The CFA qualification would be an advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the financial sector, preferably in Corporate Banking/Finance and/or High Yield/Sub-Investment Grade Debt and/or Mezzanine Financing as well as Venture Capital or Private Equity funds
- Experience in the financing of technology / IP-based companies would be an asset
- Strong technical expertise in financial analysis/modelling as well as experience in credit risk assessment
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (incl. Visual Basic)
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good knowledge of the other. Fluency in other EU languages would be a distinct advantage.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 12th June 2018
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
Profil du candidat
- Expérience souhaitée : 2 à 5 ans
- Diplôme requis : Bac + 5 et plus