Talents Handicap "Offres du mois"
Unix/Linux Satellite System Specialist
The Unix/Linux System Specialist will provide enterprise-wide Unix/Linux System infrastructure support for complex system and interconnected technologies that require day-to-day support and administration in order to maintain optimum performance and utilization.
* Perform various Unix/Linux Systems Administration tasks on large and heterogeneous environment with highly critical asset during business hours and off-hours (weekend change).
* Troubleshoot Unix/Linux operating system, Storage, network related incident during business hours and off-hours (oncall rotation).
* Install, configure, and maintain standard and non-standard Unix/Linux physical and virtual servers.
* Ensure compliance of Unix/Linux asset with existing security guideline (Hardening, Auditing, Patching, Network segregation).
* Ensure compliance with defined data protection, disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
* Monitoring of Unix/Linux infrastructure asset and provide proactive remediation.
* Review and validate infrastructure design, provide expert technical advice on one or several technologies used in the environment.
* Implement, test and validate new standards or technologies. Write, maintain and handover related operational process documentation.
Skills & Experience :
* 3+ experience providing Unix/Linux systems administration support for large scale complex environments.
* Operating system: RedHat Linux (6, 7 and 8). Solaris (10 & 11) and/or AIX (7) are a plus.
* A strong expertise on RedHat Satellite is mandatory for this position.
* Virtualisation & cloud technologies : VMware.
* High Availability technologies
* Network technology and service: Ethernet, TCP/IP, SSH, NFS, Samba, LDAP.
* Scripting experience (Shell, Perl and/or Python)
* Expert in Troubleshooting complex issues, pertormance and tuning with good knowledge of OS kernel and with additional skills covering experience in Hardware, Virtualization and networking.
* Ability to work autonomously in large and heterogeneous environment: 1000+ asset / 3+ operating system / various server roles (DB / WAS / NFS) with highly critical asset required strictly controlled impact (Avoiding unexpected outage).
* Familiar with concept of disaster recovery plan, business continuity plan, secured environment (hardening principle / auditing tools / network segregation).
* Familiar with ITIL processes.
* Good verbal and written communication skills in English. French is an asset.